In the next version, I think the Magento team should...

Custom order statuses

Administrator should be able to create own statuses for orders and determine the rules of their shifts. Good to give the administrator more control over the order (change the status from any to any)

725 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    nironiro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PerryPerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can work efficiently when everything is sorted out properly (for example, in Excel I usually have a lot of tabs and colors))). And i want my order grid well organized, so easy change of order statuses is vital for me. I use this extension to do that - http://amasty.com/order-status.html

• Alice NguyenAlice Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this feature is available in Magento back-end. Administrator is able to edit status of customer's order at his convenient. However, it could be lack of other custom abilities so it would be great if there is a module like that.
        (Magestore - Magento extensions and plugins http://magestore.com/)

• OmarOmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any one with simple solutions in 1.6.1 please tell me how can i change the status from admin or assign it from custom statuses

• richbaileyrichbailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where on Magento connect, the module we are using from connect does not support the creation of custom status' only extended.

• eitai2001eitai2001 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys. I created the custom status extension. I'm not a developer though ... I am going to create a Donate button, and when the value reaches high enough, I will hire a developer to create it and release it as open source.

• ManishaManisha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

End clients really want this status , and there should in built features to add status as oscommerce have.

• Jimmy JørgensenJimmy Jørgensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was quite stunned when i found out rater late in the process that where is next to no options regarding order status. Now how can there be a shop system like this without i don't get it??. WE NEED THIS NOW!!!

• dtcukdtcuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using the Connect addon for this which is good, but not quite flexible enough. What would also be great is to use the mass add, for custom status. Being a company that processes more than 150 orders aday we have to use our own code. But would be great if custom statuses could also be added on mass.

• mmillevillemmilleville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree as well. The extension is nice, but it doesn't provide full functionality. To me, this is a very basic, essential part of any ecomerce system. OsCommerce has this and we got used to doing it like that.

• nironiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to: patrick.simon7

In magento connect is only 1 extension that makes a 5% of our needs. We need additional 95%...

The goal of needs is: before startup admin will setup statuses and define processes, that will be executed by changing statuses. And define stutuses changing rules.

Examples:
        If i dont need Shipping status i will delete it, but i cant. It's a part or bizness process definet by magento nad if i don't ship items i can't complete orders and see reports.

• johnjohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that we need to have a more flexible order status but we also need there to be standard business process and flows documented. Moving an order from completed to new would be a nightmare for reconciliation and accounting.

Good idea - my vote added
        John

Feedback and Knowledge Base