In the next version, I think the Magento team should...

Developer Support on Magento Forum

Many questions are asked on the Magento forums which require an answer from the developers. Frequently these questions concern critical and recurring issues. The complete lack of support is not only frustrating but is increasingly damaging Magento's image. Please support the CE users before potential EE users look elsewhere first.

126 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GavGav shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alice NguyenAlice Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Magestore blog has been developed by a lot of rich-experience Developers of Magento and e-commerce. It ensures that you could find the correct answer through tutorials. Also, this blog brings Magento Certification preparation material with particular categories and parts. It must be the Magento reservoir for everyone from the beginners to skilled developers: http://www.magestore.com/blog/

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi Moinul, great to see your work here. I really need your help . I need to make module based on navigation layer. There are many extension but my boss doesn't want to buy these module So i have to create my own within 1 week. I explain you what i need .
        Our site has navigation layer which is based on AJAX. We have one attibute which is in simple li. i.e S(small) M(medium ) L(large). and other attribute is in checkbox dropdown like this http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category/uk/en/zara-S2012/190033/Coats (similar to this we need but except(S M L) attribute not in dropdown). I tried many things but nothing works for me. In magento we have "currently shop by"
        filter that thing we don't needed.I just want to Keep all Filters Visible in Magento's Layered Navigation.Is it possible to make this kind of navigation in easier way with or without making module. Please Help.
        Site on which i am working is :-
        http://www.wibigroup.com/lecoanethemant/lhcare-shop/index.php/ayurganic.html
        Please check this out, i did ajax functionality using PSystem_CatalogAjax.

• princeprince commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        we have a multi-store site in magento1.3.2.3. In our site ,we have used a “country based redirection”.
        (For Example);If an uk customer comes from “abc.com” , They will be automatically redirected to “abc.co.uk” . This is working fine.
        Our actual issue is, if a customer enters the abc.com/productname.html , they are redirected to the home page of the new site(abc.co.uk/index.php), instead of redirecting to product page of abc.co.uk/productname.html.

Please help me to get out of this.

Thanks in advance.

• Andrew40404Andrew40404 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea of how to create a payment module in iframe but not got the solution yet.

Problems which we are facing is as follows:

1. The main problem is that we are not able to call an iframe in checkout payment method process.

2. We are not able to even call the payment gateway URL in the checkout process when my payment method is selected.

• saurabh guptasaurabh gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello community,

I need to display the categories name only after the product search rather than product image or description(which its generally shows after search). Can any one suggest me the better idea to improve my working though i can get the desired result in my search function.

Hoping for the best

Regards, Saurabh Gupta

• rahulrahul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi i am new for magento and using magento 1.5, i am trying to display my custom theme in home page.but its not displaying first of all it give some fatal error then i fix that error..then after it displays 404 1 whoops requested page not found error… ,plz can any one help me.

• seancamseancam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Everyone,
        I'm in desperate need to track inventory for each of my configurable products in Magento 1.3.3.0 I'm selling shoes and need to keep separate inventory of each sizes in each style. I create SKU's and then don't see anywhere to input inventory numbers for each one (for example: style 123 shoe.... sytle 123 shoe~ size 9... inventory 9 pairs remaining for that size). I can only inventory the product style and not each individual size for that style. I've looked everywhere for information with no joy. I know the Magento Team cannot have overlooked a function so essential as this. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I need a simple easy to understand tutorial. Thanks in advance :)

• rondatarondata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey All - I'm the community manager over at Magento. :) We're actually working towards better documentation and support for CE and our Support forums have actually been doing increasingly well over the last couple of months. I do appreciate the feedback guys, and I do realize your frustration. Please be aware that we're working on this.

• Hugh WoodHugh Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This product is based around open source, however with zero documentation on Magento that is truely up to date development has started to shift to other platforms. If developer support was given on the forums then I feel a larger base would shift to Magento and it would flourish finally.

• ed Morganed Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it's free but the lack of knowledgeable support of this product is damaging for the future of Magento - maybe we should organize a formal independent body of people who are payed to do this?? We have issues which require attention which should have been tested prior to release - As a retired RPG programmer and system tester I do find this inexcusable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base