In the next version, I think the Magento team should...

Shipping per item

Magento should allow for an item to have special shipping parameters set - i.e. pick up only, flat rate, shipping table

355 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karen BakerKaren Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Karen Baker (saving...)
        Take a look at http://www.webshopapps.com. We 2 main extensions in the product area

- Product Rate at $80 where shipping rates are defined under product listing in admin

- Product Matrix which is csv based and has been described as 'tablerate on steroids'. This has had over 3 man years of development, it's a powerhouse of an extension.

There are also variations on these.

Being commercial extensions this means we can offer you the highest level of support, something we simply couldn't do if they were free.

Contact me at sales@webshopapps.com with your shipping requirements, you won't find anyone as good.

• Glauco Di LietoGlauco Di Lieto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a serious shortcoming of this otherwise brilliant ecommerce platform.
        It really is a mystery why per-product shipping isn’t a standard Magento feature when I am sure it would be quite simple to implement and it applies to so many different real-life situations.
        How many stores actually sell items that all cost the same amount to ship? And why are we forced to set complicated table rates according to weight, size and quantity when it would be so much simpler to add a tab for each the individual product named “shipping rate”?
        Browse the web for “Magento per-product shipping” and you will find thousands of companies looking for this feature and offering hundreds of dollars to PHP developers to come up with a solution.
        I understand that there are a few commercial extensions available for this purpose, but Magento is first and foremost an open-source platform and basic features such as this should be included.
        I think it's time to put some pressure on the very talented Magento team to finally implemet this. Am I being unreasonable?

• ManishaManisha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes it's also basic needs as oscommere addons avilable. so they can set shipping prices .

Feedback and Knowledge Base