In the next version, I think the Magento team should...

Return Merchandise Authorization

I think a nicely integrated RMA feature would be very helpful for most businesses. The customer should be able to select individual items from their order to RMA, and the admin should be able to approve/deny the RMA and issue RMA numbers from the admin panel to the customer. There should be communication to the customer on the RMA status and instructions on what to do.

649 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    i960i960 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am surprised a default RMA function is not built into Magento core after all isn't magento geared towards professional ecomm site owners. If so then we should all acknowledge that every store in the world at one time or another receives returns and most big catalog or stores use a RMA process to track what products are coming back and why

• itchytrigitchytrig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use a Support Ticket System to log requests for a Return, we then reply with an RMA number... Works well, but to see an integration from the customers account area would be very useful... Click Here to Return an item, that then lists the items you have purchased should be easy enough??? Shouldn't it?

• nvpetlinnvpetlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this should be in the core, but i'll settle for an extension. If only someone would write it..

• ukdazzaukdazza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A neat tidy module for this could work, but surely its not hard in the first place? Get the customer to contact you (email or other) and give them a returns authorisation number. Log the number in an excel spreadsheet yourself (what it is, why, what to do when returned) and then when a return comes in you know what it is and what to do. We actually send a label for returns to us on the invoice, with a space for "Returns Authorisation No" so before we open the packet that has been sent to us we know what it is. Just an idea.

• DiscoveryDiscovery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs to be done, also with some sensible procedures so none of us have to be reinventing the wheel for this extra bit of functionality.

• Jimmy JørgensenJimmy Jørgensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was quite stunned when i found out rater late in the process that this options isn't there . If you sell stuff, your bound to get some return merchandise. Now how can there be a shop system like this without i don't get it??. WE NEED THIS NOW!!!

• i960i960 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've already approached several extension developers to build something like this, but so far no definite plans. I would rather see this built into Magento anyway.

• J.T.J.T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. It can be a nightmare with people sending stuff back without annotation. It needs some form of management within Magento.

Feedback and Knowledge Base