In the next version, I think the Magento team should...

Optimize the code

Magento is crazily resource intensive.
Large numbers of queries are executed that don't use indexes, and commands aren't concatenated that could be (which stops database servers from taking advantage of internal optimizations.)
A large push on optimizing code would be very much appreciated and increasingly needed.

2,335 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TwirrimTwirrim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

According to me it is beneficial to prefer Magento platform to build an ecommerce website. From many surveys it has been concluded magento shopping cart is best for online store. I have created my website in Magento recently. To optimize the Magento store they are some tips to be followed like Magento Caching, hosting content delivery network and so on. Please refer: https://apptha.com/blog/top-significant-tips-to-optimize-your-magento-store/

• Thao NguyenThao Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Magento Themes are well optimized to improve website's performance and to make it stable operation. Check it out at

http://www.emthemes.com/

We are partner of Magento with huge themes and extensions for you to choose with a reasonable price

• Alice NguyenAlice Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company is using Magento platform, no words out of AWESOME. We have used Community edition for free and it works properly. Our number of orders is up to thousands now but we hardly had trouble with our Magento store. With support and assistance of Magestore: http://www.magestore.com, providing many smart extensions that are our solutions. Magento platform must be the best code optimization for ecommerce

• XnlgqfhwXnlgqfhw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main purpose of the Red and White terror was to destroy the power structure of the opponent, clear and secure the areas governed by the armies since the beginning of the war and the areas seized and occupied by the common units during the conflict. , <a href="http://renesohand.angelfire.com/www.complexsystems.org.html">www.complexsystems.org</a>, [url="http://renesohand.angelfire.com/www.complexsystems.org.html"]www.complexsystems.org[/url], http://renesohand.angelfire.com/www.complexsystems.org.html www.complexsystems.org, 29058,

• parthopartho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

#

nesh

Caching is not a solution it's just another patch on patch on patch ...

Not that I'm long term/experienced user but ... performance is just plain ridiculous, number of SQL queries insane and getting data in templates pure resource drain. All (IMHO) from everything and a kitchen sink approach Magento have...

Sadly I don't see any brighter future while data organization stays like that ... getting it up to speed will require major rewrite and perhaps switching storage backends for more "customiz... more

Not that I'm long term/experienced user but ... performance is just plain ridiculous, number of SQL queries insane and getting data in templates pure resource drain. All (IMHO) from everything and a kitchen sink approach Magento have...

Sadly I don't see any brighter future while data organization stays like that ... getting it up to speed will require major rewrite and perhaps switching storage backends for more "customizable" parts of data to some of schema-less backends like CouchDB.

And with another bottleneck as every page (yes, cache this, cache that ... but reasonable server should ALWAYS serve good amount of pages WITHOUT any caching) need ton's of file system access to get all needed files due to (and I still can see one good reason for that instead of plain ol' template inheritance) template/xml structure and mixing data access inside templates making it a pretty nice performance mess.

At this moment it just remind me to some other Java(Enterprise-y) monstrosities I saw around.
        8 months ago
        #

Keith

Responding to the last comment. I'm biased, but our company just released a full page cache module for the community (Lightspeed by TinyBrick). We haven't done a side by side comparison with Enterprise page caching yet, but this new module caches full page content, supports dynamic content (login, cart, messaging) and handles as much as 100X the requests per second per server. We've seen it reduce required web server resources by 75% for at least 2 clients.

Again, I'm biased, but for what it's worth, ... more

Responding to the last comment. I'm biased, but our company just released a full page cache module for the community (Lightspeed by TinyBrick). We haven't done a side by side comparison with Enterprise page caching yet, but this new module caches full page content, supports dynamic content (login, cart, messaging) and handles as much as 100X the requests per second per server. We've seen it reduce required web server resources by 75% for at least 2 clients.

Again, I'm biased, but for what it's worth, it's already out there as a commercial module.
        8 months ago
        #

cesiumdeth

Magento Community Edition is really slow in the Rackspace Cloud environment. I have talked extensively with the Rackspace Cloud team and the consensus is if we had access to the “Full Page Caching” feature available in the Magento Enterprise edition in the Magento Community edition it would work brilliantly in their environment.

If any of the other developers are reading this, please consider adding the “Full Page Caching” feature to the Community edition. I am sure this would not only help us in th... more

Magento Community Edition is really slow in the Rackspace Cloud environment. I have talked extensively with the Rackspace Cloud team and the consensus is if we had access to the “Full Page Caching” feature available in the Magento Enterprise edition in the Magento Community edition it would work brilliantly in their environment.

If any of the other developers are reading this, please consider adding the “Full Page Caching” feature to the Community edition. I am sure this would not only help us in the cloud environment, but also those running in a shared hosing environment where there is not a lot of processing power to go around.

Thank you for the consideration.

#

nesh

Sadly I don't see any brighter future while data organization stays like that ... getting it up to speed will require major rewrite and perhaps switching storage backends for more "customiz... more

Sadly I don't see any brighter future while data organization stays like that ... getting it up to speed will require major rewrite and perhaps switching storage backends for more "customizable" parts of data to some of schema-less backends like CouchDB.

And with another bottleneck as every page (yes, cache this, cache that ... but reasonable server should ALWAYS serve good amount of pages WITHOUT any caching) need ton's of file system access to get all needed files due to (and I still can see one good reason for that instead of plain ol' template inheritance) template/xml structure and mixing data access inside templates making it a pretty nice performance mess.

At this moment it just remind me to some other Java(Enterprise-y) monstrosities I saw around.
        8 months ago
        #

Keith

Again, I'm biased, but for what it's worth, it's already out there as a commercial module.
        8 months ago
        #

cesiumdeth

If any of the other developers are reading this, please consider adding the “Full Page Caching” feature to the Community edition. I am sure this would not only help us in th... more

If any of the other developers are reading this, please consider adding the “Full Page Caching” feature to the Community edition. I am sure this would not only help us in the cloud environment, but also those running in a shared hosing environment where there is not a lot of processing power to go around.

#

nesh

8 months ago
        #

Keith

8 months ago
        #

cesiumdeth

John, I apologize for the delayed response, but I don't visit this forum often. You mentioned 2 issues with Lightspeed.
        1: using in a multi-store scenario and
        2: adding dynamic content to cached content (hole punching)
        First, the module is built and priced for a fairly high-traffic installation, and requires that it be registered to a specific domain to function. If you're running multiple domains from the same Lightspeed installation, it's counter to the license, and there is code which will restri... more

The programme included a touring exhibition, an online global debate and series of seminars and conferences. , <a href="http://zqzayjse.zubityz.co.cc/seniorsassiacationkingston-ont-ca.com.html&quot;&gt;seniorsassiacationkingston ont ca.com</a>, [url="http://zqzayjse.zubityz.co.cc/seniorsassiacationkingston-ont-ca.com.html&quot;]seniorsassiacationkingston ont ca.com[/url], http://zqzayjse.zubityz.co.cc/seniorsassiacationkingston-ont-ca.com.html seniorsassiacationkingston ont ca.com, >:PP,

This was achieved by running cables from both motors the length of the train, which allowed the rear vehicle's motors to be controlled by the control equipment on the leading vehicle. , <a href="http://bisunpf.pemumyt.co.cc/lmc-trucks-.com.html&quot;&gt;lmc trucks .com</a>, [url="http://bisunpf.pemumyt.co.cc/lmc-trucks-.com.html&quot;]lmc trucks .com[/url], http://bisunpf.pemumyt.co.cc/lmc-trucks-.com.html lmc trucks .com, vsxsp,

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base