In the next version, I think the Magento team should...

Deleting completed order

Store owners need to be able to delete complete orders!

884 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Suran FoxSuran Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be possible to CANCEL a completed order (e.g. customer not accepting or returning the items) but not do DELETE it.

• johnjohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do what a logical shopping cart does:

HIDE IT !

a.k.a. archive it (use status, and then optionally display/hide that status)

seems like most of you havent run a store before.

• koffiekoningkoffiekoning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using 1.4.2.0 and in desperate need of deleting (test) orders.
        I think legal issues in this matter should be the responsibility of the shop owner, not the magento team.

• do !like Magento *M4do !like Magento *M4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Invoices we store in our accountancy system, not in some ridiculous e-shop under name magento.
        Why everything has to be so complicated - why it can't be configurable option "Admin can/can't delete orders"?
        Why you (magento guys) always in a hard way enforce your vision of eshop bussiness processes on everyone.

If honestly, we are already seriously thinking about switching to other platform. We have too many problems with supporting, fixing, workarounding stupid magento imposed problems for our clients. I guess, it will be better to start new projects on some other platform leaving magento for masochist coders. Sad.. magento has quite nice code structure, good architecture - but no understanding how merchants see a shop should be on a backend.

• bmnbmn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ Jamie : I don't think you should let Magento be the keeper of your invoices. Store them elsewhere (and print them, even). Then test and inccorect invoices shoud be deletable.

@ uksazza : don't use it, it's buggy and will mess your database.

• Jamie KrasnooJamie Krasnoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A completed order should never be deleted. This is a record that needs to be kept for business purposes. It's needed for not only for tax purposes but for performance reports. It should be marked as completed and archived.

• Gazi YucelGazi Yucel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this basic feature should be available in the admin and not via db hacks, or other workarounds. After all, it's already possible to delete orders in Magento, but not from the admin.

• Don HaysDon Hays commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important feature that is definitely needed. We always need to test the cart and make a test order. Every once in awhile we will have a customer contact us saying that had a problem checking out so do a test to make sure everything is working properly. Also it is important to proof the emails that we change out on an ongoing basis that are being sent by the cart to customers. The only real way to do this is to create a dummy order to proof it in the different email programs. It would be very helpful to have a method to clean the dummy orders up which would also keep the reports accurate.
        I'm sure on a developers and support level this is needed. I couldn't imagine a client calling you and saying the site doesn't work and the only way most of the time to verify that it is or isn't working is to do a transaction. You would a want a way to clean it up.

• renaudrenaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as far as I know, in germany it would be a problem if the software would allow me to just delete orders (these are requirements from the tax authorities). But I agree that it should be possible to mark test orders or hide them to exclude them from reporting.

• Sam SwansonSam Swanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have some sort of archiving system whereby you could archive test orders, I understand concerns about allowing complete deletion....But it is really embarassing handing over a site with 100 test orders on it. especially when client wants to do reports or asks you to remove them and you have to say you can't. ( not risking database intrusion, me )

• J.T.J.T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yoyo, good point. I don't work with clients so admittedly, I hadn't thought that scenario through. But it equally illustrates your clients can then delete real orders and bug you about that.

Lisali, this is an area for people to voice their opinions and discuss ideas. That's not limited to those who concur. The whole idea is we collectively get a say in what Varien spends their limited resources on next. Some of us are arguing against them putting time into something that we feel isn't important.

• lisalilisali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you do not want orders to be deleted - fine. SAVE them. I want to be able to delete them. Please give me that option.

If you are happy with what Magento is currently offering - what are you doing commenting on here?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base