In the next version, I think the Magento team should...

Customizable products allowed in bundled products

Currently, if you create a bundled product, you cannot add customizable products to it. This significantly limits the functionality of bundled products.

416 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    aaronkaaronk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IlyaIlya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Find <allowed_selection_types> in Mage/core/Bundle/etc/config.xml

• A boyA boy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Magento is now known to be the best solution.
        If you find Magento, know that it proposes to make bundles: very good. BUT if one of your products has a option: it is not possible to integrate it into the bundle. Pathetic!

• leetaylor.eliasleetaylor.elias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey All,

We have just developed a module that allows you to bundle configurable products together (with no limitations on attributes or options you create).

Feel free to contact us if you’d like to know more. Also, we’ll be putting it up for sale soon: http://www.eliasinteractive.com/modules

Cheers,
        Lee

• YourmanstanYourmanstan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is important to recognize that this isn't a "nice to have" feature for most of us voting for this feature. i know for our situation, this software simply isn't usable without it.

• Marcus OesterwinterMarcus Oesterwinter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can understand the difficulty in adding the base configurable product, but each configurable product has associated simple products which should be able to be added to the bundle product. Why is this not possible? The lack of any error message caused a great deal of confusion.

Feedback and Knowledge Base