In the next version, I think the Magento team should...

Add a new product type that groups simple products with a fixed quantity and no customer options

Add a new product type that groups simple products with a fixed quantity and no customer options. Just a bundle of products with the ability to set an overall price discount (regular price / special price).

Additional features:
- Product set out of stock if one of the simple products is out of stock.
- Product set displays a link to the simple products.

182 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DalleWJDalleWJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this funktion, if not i will have to use prestashop as i have just read that it can do just this. come on this is a big thumbs down that this does not eksist.

Looking forward to hear if there is some way of doing this whet. :)

• Michael HMichael H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In some order management systems this would be known as a kit. Incredibly useful for stock management and special pricing. Please make this happen.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do this if you add a new OPTION each with only ONE PRODUCT, with option type radio button required but the PRODUCT user defined qty = N

• HugoHugo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So happy to find out that I'm not the only one in need for that feature. Totally amazed that we cannot do it in 2013 (although PrestaShop can do it). And this "bundle" adjust inventory automatically based on the SKU (fixed or dynamic).

If at least there was an extension for that.

• exentricexentric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Such a simple and obvious feature any shop uses, and yet its not available aside all those complicated feature. Please implement this.

• sandersander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really doing my head in. Seems like a basic shop feature cannot believe that it is not possible just to group simple products and set a fixed price. Really need it to keep stock control, using bundled product is confusing to the shop users. Please add!

• Edith KarnitschEdith Karnitsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed! Not having this feature drives me nuts. There's so many advanced options, but just putting a simple group of product A, B and C sold at price X is sorely missed.

Example: Sell a mixed case of 12 wines at one price. Customers can't make any selections, put case into basket as 1 product. When bought, each individual bottle stock is upated.

Feedback and Knowledge Base